среда, 1 февраля 2012 г.

"It Takes Many Kinds to Make the World" by V.Reznikova

People say "It takes may kinds to make the world" meaning that all people are different. People can be different in appearance, personality, beliefs and opinions, education, tastes, language and culture, behaviour and manners, skills and experience, dreams and plans for the future. For example, some people want to be a doctor but other want to work in an office.

The main thing that makes people different is how they look. Our figures can be tall or short, stout or slim, skinny or fat. In my opinion, tall and slim people usually look more attractive than short and fat ones. People have faces of different shapes and hair of different length. Our hair can be straight or curly, thick or thin, dair or dark. Our eyes can be narrow or round, with long or short eyelashes, and they can also be expressive and shiny. All these features make people look beautiful, good-looking, nice or ugly which makes your first impression of a person. But "appearances are deceitful", so your first impression can sometimes be wrong and good-looking people may have bad traits of character.

There is a famous saying:"Different people often get on well". I completely agree with it as this saying always reminds me of my best friend Liana. She looks very different from me. She is taller than me, her eyes are narrower than mine, she has got straight black hair, but mine is wavy and fair. She is sometimes gloomy, but I am usually cheerful. We like different books and films. But we get on very well because she is honest and just, understanding and kind. I trust her a lot and I'm sure that I can rely on her in any situation. So as you see different people can get on well as we do.
V.Reznikova, 7A.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий