пятница, 26 апреля 2013 г.

"Hobbies" by D.Mishchenko

A hobby is something you like doing very much. Different people like doing different things and they have different hobbies. There are a lot of hobbies: playing computer games, watching TV, gardening, drawing, collecting and so on. People collect stamps, coins, badges, books, pictures and cars.

When my dad was a boy, he was fond of collecting stamps and badges; my mum cared for sweet wrappers. My brother has always collected coins. He has a very good collection and he is proud of it. My brother often says that his hobby is popular with people of all ages. Collecting coins is not easy but interesting. You begin to learn many interesting things about history, about famous people and about different countries. Collecting can teach you a lot of things.

Some people travel and bring back home fridge magnets to remind themselves of the places they have been to. They specialize in magnets with the views or sights of the cities and countries. Such collections are called thematic. When you enter such people's kitchens, you can see at once what places they have visited. These magnets are good decoration, too.

As for me, I collect technical books that are the books that tell me about cars, planes, ships. My friends collect books, too. But collecting things is not the only hobby I have got. I'm fond of rock music. My brother is fond of making videos. But best of all we like to travel.




Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий