воскресенье, 28 октября 2012 г.

8 Form: Topic "Choosing a Career" by Dan Klochkov

CHOOSING  A  CAREER

            I would like to start by saying that it is important to think over what profession to choose. I’m in the eighth form now and it’s high time I chose what subjects to specialize in.  However, it’s not easy to make the right decision even for most school-leavers.
            Part of the problem is in a numerous list of professions to choose from. Everyone should start with himself, to see where his interests lie. You must be realistic about your abilities, too. If you are good at maths, you can become an engineer or an economist, if you are a creative person, you can be a designer, an interior decorator or a photographer, if you like to work with people – teaching or social work is for you.
            There are many factors that influence the decision of young people to make their choice. Some people are encouraged by their relatives or friends, some follow in their parents’ footsteps. Sometimes it’s good, because your parents can share their experience with you. On the other hand, it can be dangerous because if you are not good at science or don’t want to serve people, you’ll never become a good doctor, like your father.
            As for me, I haven’t decided yet what profession to choose. While growing up I was interested in many things. I enjoyed painting, dancing, and sports. I also liked making models and I've always liked maths, especially geometry, and drawing.
            So I believe I might connect my future profession with architecture. A good architect needs such qualities as creativity, good imagination and accuracy. It’s a prestigious, satisfying and rewarding job. It can give you many new opportunities and chances of promotion. Besides, it’s a well-paid job.
            Of course I understand that I’ll need thorough training to become a real professional.  I am planning to study further at university; it may be Moscow Institute of Architecture (State Academy). I don’t mind working hard. I realize that in order to get there I’ll need to sit a lot of exams and I am going to prepare for them properly.
            I wish everyone makes up their mind and takes the best decision. Choose the right career, and you’ll be happy and contented; choose the wrong one – you’ll be unhappy and miserable. This might be a costly mistake which might need a long time to correct. That’s why we need to weigh all the pros and cons and budget our time correspondingly.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий